This makes a total of 6 servings of Keto Southern Shakshuka. Each serving comes out to be 291.45 Calories, 19.14g Fats, 11.94g Net Carbs, and 15.17g Protein.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 cups chopped collard greens
- 1 medium jalapeño pepper, minced
- ½ medium green bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 large (28-oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 6 large eggs
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- Preheat your oven to 425F, and preheat an oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the olive oil and once it’s hot add in the collard greens, onion, jalapeno, green bell pepper, and garlic. Cook this down until soft then add in the paprika, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.
- Stir in the crushed tomatoes then continue cooking until the sauce is nice and hot. Turn off the heat.
- Use a spoon to create wells in the sauce, then crack an egg into each.
- Place the skillet into the oven and bake for 5 minutes or so, until the egg whites are set.
- Crumble the goat cheese over the top to serve.